Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful

I can't believe how fast time goes by. November is flying by. Thanksgiving is already less then a week away. I have so much to be thankful for. Most importantly my family. Every night when Jude and I "Snuggle brains out" I take that time to thank God for my family, our health and our home, for if we have that, nothing else really matters. I remember the days before Jude, I had such a fear that something would happen to me before I had the opportunity to be a mother. I am so grateful each and everyday to be a mom. There is nothing more amazing and definitely nothing else I'd rather be doing.

A snowy walk around downtown Salt Lake

 This boy is obsessed with Ice-cream (a.k.a. Ice-a-cream)

learning all about time out. This is his first every time out session. So sad. But it made me giggle the whole time. 

 I love how enchanting snow can be. Jude was obsessed with watching the snow fall from the sky. 

 Then loved exploring it.

 And tasting it. 

And building things with it.

 Jude insists on having crackers and milk for every meal, snack, drink, whatever. I think it is part due to the fact he is getting another molar. Must feel good on those gums. This shot is so typical Jude too. He always has his little feet crossed while he eats. 

 Finding warm indoor activities. One of our favs is the dinosaur museum.  


 Jude decorating Grandma's tree with his toys. He is so observant. I have never talked to him about decorating a tree. I just looked over and saw him doing this. It had a lot of "decorations" on it when he finished it. :)

 Love his nappy face.

 He is totally little boy. Right down to his doggy side kick. 

Marc and Marriott were out of town last week, so Ali and I got the kiddos together to try to break up the week a little. It saved me mentally. And Jude loved the excuse to bust out the bumbo.

 A cough mixed with Daddy out of town, means I was quick to throw him in my bed when he woke up all upset in the middle of the night. He woke up about two hours later and saw Sundance and just couldn't get back to sleep. Wanted to wrestle her. So I kicked him back in his bed. 

 Dinosaur Best friend. Jude is infatuated with the idea of "Best friends" He always would want to sit side by side and he say "Best friends." I thought it was so sweet and couldn't figure out where it came from. I finally figured out that it came from one of his favorite book about a little boy and a bear that go out picking berries and they are sitting in a field sharing berries and I always point at it and say "They are best friends, we share with our best friends".... etc.  Now it has turned into that green dinosaur (maybe an alligator) and that little bunny in his hands are his best friends and he will sit on there lab. Side by side, put them night night, feed them, read them books. He takes very good care of his best friends. 

 Another haircut from mom. I am sure I am doing it all wrong, but I don't care. I think he is the most handsome thing I have ever laid eyes on. 

 This is "snuggle brains out" When I put him down for a nap or for the night, we read a book and then I turn on his music and we "snuggle brains out". He lays there, usually very still, with his "bubble blankie" on his back and rubs his blankies and snuggles like a champ. Hence, Snuggles my brains out. :)

Puttin my boys to work.

 Mommy's bringing out her inner Pat and making a craft from the woods. 

 He LOOOOVES his doggy. He loves to hug, pet, be soft and best of all, rough her up. 




 My little outdoors man 

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

I just love him. He's so sweet and cute. Love the haircut! Good job.

Allison said...

"Dinosaur (maybe an alligator)"
You always seem to crack me up Linds! :)

This is such a sweet post about Jude-O. I am super jealous about the snuggling your brains out together. I wish so bad my kids would do that. And the two best friends are beyond adorable.

Can't wait to see what you do with the sticks!