Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Kooky Cookie

Man, I am so in love with my little guy. He is talking and understanding more and more everyday. It's incredible the progress he can make in a week. His repeat switch is currently set on. Which is darling and scary. :) I feel like he has the most darling nuances that make him so fabulously him and nothing he does or says is short of anything but genius. I am sure reality is I am Mom and I am goo goo over my baby boy. But he just is so wonderfully corky! Right now some things that he is big on are; Playing with his fingers. Daddy taught him to hold all fingers up and touch on finger at a time and make a silly noise. He now does it all the time in his car seat to keep himself entertained on drives. Also, Tunnels. Yes, tunnels. He lives for them and gets so excited and is starting to find them in everyday life. Like his closet is now his tunnel. If it is a walking tunnel he will play in it for a really long time, running back and forth, making funny noises. Or driving in the car he'll put his hands up and squeal as if it's an intense roller coaster ride. So silly.  He still loves his animals and is getting to were he likes to act them out. Tiger is the most popular on his rotation. 

(here is a picture of both)

 Another thing he is into are two of his stuffed animals. He has a lot of stuffed animals but for some reason these have stolen his heart. And they have to be arranged just perfectly and he loves to separate them and then arrange them perfectly again. Such a goof.



He is also starting to sing along to songs. It is the SWEETEST thing ever! The first two songs he attempted were The Beatles songs. I guess I picked the right name or I listen to them way to much. :) (The songs were Good Day Sunshine, and Blackbird) He is also so into water slides. Slides are really great too, but water slides are the coolest thing out there and cannot get enough, He also does this squaty walk in the water and says "swim, swim, swim" I am pretty sure he thinks he is swimming. Something new he is saying that melts me every times he says it, is he will get his blankie and hold it up to me to pick he and the blankie up and he says "Snuggles" And cutest part is he means it. He really wants to snuggle and this usually includes having his tummy or back rubbed or the deals off. (Mommy note) The other day he was doing something naughty and acting out and got in trouble. After a minute of sulking he went and found his blankie and brought it to me and said "Snuggles" Suddenly I didn't care if he colored on the walls or whatever thing it was that he was doing. One more silly thing that he is into is his shadow. He loves to try to make a bird or alligator and is endlessly interested in whatever shape Marc or I can come up with. He is a totally climber. Doesn't want me to get him out of his crib. He says "Baby do" But then can't do it, which I am grateful for, and then he'll let me get him out. But he's always hanging from something. 





We had a sleep over at grandmas while Marc was out of town. I could never get sick of waking up to this.


Then Church with Grandma


He was filling this tunnel with all this toys he could get his hands on. He was even trying to cram me in there with it all. 

I LOVE to see this kid hungry. It almost never happens. I am usually trying to stuff food down his throat. He could not wait for his little pizza to finish. So anxious!


First time riding a horse at Thanksgiving point. 


He was also trying to kiss all the animals


Hit the zoo
Every kid needs their pic by this lion fountain, right???
 

Loved the Alligators and Turtles this trip. I love his head pressed against the glass. 


First time on the carousel. He was pretty mad when the ride ended and he spotted the tiger and realized he wasted his ride on the zebra. 



That's one way to cool off. It was so hot at the zoo. Jude started off with a little splashing and next thing I knew it was a full body rub. Why not? 

Until next time. 




3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Such a cutie! He sounds like the funniest, sweetest little kid! Love how he loves to snuggle!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

How cute is he!!! I love the picture of him watching his pizza hahahaha!! And I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE those suspenders of his!! Where can I find a pair for my little nugget? Also I do agree it is scary to see them mimic you so much huh? I am scared my son may pick up something I never realized I said.

Marc and Lindsay Duncan said...

Kinners!! H&m!! Jude already does or says things I can't figure out where he got them and then I stop and realize I do and say em all he time!