Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Flo Rida

For my birthday Marc bought Jude and I tickets to go see my brother and his family. They live on an adorable little island in St. Augustine. Their house is a five minute walk from the beach. So needless to say we spent many hours playing in the sand and water. They were having a little bit of a heat wave and we left a snow storm behind us. It worked out perfectly. Except the part were it messed up our flights both ways but it was a small price to pay for such a great trip.


Our first leg over was two hours delayed due to the snow. Which resulted in us missing our connection. I'm 100% Jude got us on the earlier standby connection out of Dallas. We owe ya buddy. He crashed for part of the flight and even snuggled on the arm of the stranger next to us. I thought I was going to pee my pants. Luckily the stranger (who was a big bear/mountain man type guy with a beard) seemed to actually be smitten by Jude


It felt good to finally be in the Sunshine State. And it lived up to its name. Our souls immediately welcomed the warmth and left the bitter cold snow behind us for the week. Jude could spend hours at the beach, and we did. I didn't even pack a swimsuit because it is usually not warm enough this time of year but it was so nice and hot and so Jude swam in his shorts and had a ball.  









I have never shown Jude anything about surfing. But some how he knew and his little imagination was ready to give it a try on his imaginary board. He'd stand there with his feet apart and let the wave hit him. That was his version of surfing. He loved it.


He would take me by the hand and pull me in deeper and deeper. I was eventually in water up to my thighs in jeans. I just figured in a week I'd be sitting in the snow wishing I could swim in the ocean in my jeans so we went for it. :)

Chasing Grandma around

Showing her how to surf

Then he discovered the sand..... And there went a few more hours. 


I caught a glimpse of my shadow and remembered I am pregnant. Don't you love that. :)

Beach play = amazing naps
30 seconds after leaving the beach

Poor kid had a rough cough. So he got to sleep with me a lot. (I am still paying the price for that back home)

Among all the amazing things we did on this trip we got to get up close and personal with a dolphin. It was so dreamy. We got to touch it, hear it sing and feed it. Jude's mind was blown. 

Saying goodbye to the dolphins. When we were standing at those windows a dolphin came up and splashed us pretty good. Jude was not impressed with that. 


Then we took the worlds most spoiled little boy to Disneyworld. It was sooo hot and it was wonderful. Jude's favorite rides were pirates and the haunted mansion. 

He also loved the little roller coaster and could have road it all day but pregnant ladies were not aloud. So Ian was a champ and took him for me.  

I'm not even a little tired. 

Riding the Jungle cruise

He looooves carousels 

I am so in love with Spanish moss. It is so beautiful and Jude was so curious. 


Our flight home was completely cancelled among many other flights that day. So poor us, we had to spend another day in Florida. It was a really foggy day. It was so funny and eerie. I loved it. 

Finally on our way home. Delayed as usual. But we were just happy to have a flight home. 

This grown up little boy watched the entire in flight movie. (How the Grinch Stole Christmas) Then it was on to arts and crafts. 

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

How fun!!! He is too cute!