Thursday, October 16, 2014

Jude turns four

My sweet little boy is growing up so much quicker then what I knew was even possible. We had an amazing year. Jude became a big brother, he started preschool, he got a big boy bed, and did it all while fighting crime as Captain America or occasionally another avenger.  He must have spent at least 300 days of the last year in a costume. I always made sure he was dressed underneath his costume so I felt like I was taking care of him. Jude has the cutest, funnest lil personality. He loves life and gets so excited about things. I just love to watch him. He said the phrase "3. Cause I'm 3 years old." Probably a thousand times in hundreds of scenarios. Most commonly trying to get 3 of whatever candy was in sight. He has the cutest little stutter that comes out most when he thinks he is losing your attention and starts to panic. I'll miss some day the way Jude says "MMMOOOOOOMMMY LOOK!" When he sees something that is really cool. His favorite color is blue. And not just any blue. Jude is very specific about it being dark blue. Favorite food is crackers and milk. As of last night his favorite animal is crocodile, snake and spiders (such a little boy). I adore him so much.

 
Jude's birthday started out with just Jude, Avi and me. Daddy was gone out of town and flying in that afternoon. So we spent it at the park and had an amazing time. Jude wanted a rainbow cake so bad. So after the park we headed home to make a rainbow cake with blue frosting. Then we headed up to Salt Lake to pick up Daddy and then grabbed some dinner. We stopped by Grandma Duncan's on the way home and sang Happy Birthday and opened presents from her.

 


Jude's excited face. When he is excited about something he curls his hands into fists and shakes them and squeals.  
 
Showing us he's four now.


 


 
 Now for the big party. I so badly wanted to do a small party but I want family to be involved. So by the time my family and Marc's family all get together it is a pretty big shin dig. Jude is so lucky to have so many cousins he adores. And even older cousins that can dress up in costumes and blow his little mind. I probably wouldn't have done an actual birthday party for him. But he is so obsessed with super heroes that I felt I had to have a few show up to wish him a happy birthday. It was all I wanted to get him for his birthday.

This was my attempt to distract the kids while Captain America and Spider man got into position.





Jude was so shy and hid behind Nixon




We had to scoop him up and help him warm up. He was extremely intimidated. Captain America handed Jude his shield for his birthday from Grandma Pat.


 
 
 
 
Waving goodbye
 
Next onto ice cream and cake. My sister hooked us up with Spider man ice cream.
 
 
 
Then presents. Every time he opened a present he'd say "Ohhhh Mmmmyyy Goooooshhh!"
 
 
 
The babies seemed to have a good time. I was running like crazy it seemed and didn't even see Avi. Thank goodness for grandmas.

Jude was excited to get his loot home and break it in.
 

.....And wash it.
 
This wasn't a gift really but it felt like one. The ice cream was packed in dry ice to keep it from melting. We turned it into a science project.

 
Can't thank these two enough. That was huge for me to make this little boy's birthday party totally epic.
 

 
 

1 comment:

Audrey {Crisp} said...

Happy birthday Jude!!!! He's so cute!! What a fun party!!!