Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Jude Turns Five

Somehow My Jude-O turned five. I get super emotional the day before Jude's birthday. I think about how scared I was that he coming. I truly thought I could keep him in there with positive thinking. I was so wrong. Late at night on the 30th, I started to experience the sharpest pain in my stomach. I stayed hopeful something could be done to keep labor at bay, or that maybe, it would pass but before I knew it, I was wheeled into the OR and after three pushes they rushed off with my little treasure and I laid there in a delirious fog. I trusted Jude was in good hands. So all I could do in that moment was just lay there and wait. The nurses came back into the OR with Jude and let me hold him for a moment because he was doing so well. Then they wheeled me past his bed in the NICU on the way to my new room. I passed out and woke later that morning to the sweetest little face I had ever seen. I had never felt that kind of love at that extreme before. A love of a mother for her new baby. Now things are so amazing. Jude is a fun, active, little dude with so much imagination and loves to be the good guy and take down the bad guys. He's always been our little hero and he loves to continue to be. 

We decorated the night before. He was very impressed when he came down the stairs the next morning. He calmly checked everything out and said "Yes. It's good." 

Marc had to get up early for a meeting in LA so he missed the big reveal. We had a quiet birthday breakfast. I let Jude open a few small presents and we played in the house that morning. I was telling Jude I was kind of sad that he was 5 and that he is so grown up and he said to me "It's okay. You can still hold me." 
Then when Daddy got home we loaded up in the car and went to Judeland. I mean Disneyland. We let him go where he wanted when he wanted and let him buy souvenirs. First thing, he had to get a green Luke Skywalker light saber. 



Avi stayed busy for about 30 minutes with this activity.

Jude snuggling his new books and "Turtley"

Daddy left him a cinnamon roll muffin thing. 

Then we were off. 







I was so sneaky and got a cupcake ready while Daddy brought Jude in from the car. He was so excited. We were telling Jude to make a wish and our conversation went something like this. 

Mommy: Make a wish and then take a big breathe and try to blow out all your candles in one breathe. But you can't tell us your wish. 
Jude: Will it come true?
Mommy: I'm not sure. Maybe. 
Jude: Does a fairy get it?
Mommy: Maybe, but you can't tell us.
Daddy could see he was cooking up a good wish and says: Yes you can. You can tell. 
Mommy: Okay. You can tell us. 
Jude gets a soft sweet vulnerable look on his face and says: I wish that everyone had a good time at my birthday.

Marc and I about died. I'm pretty sure 5 years old is going to be a sweet spot for Jude. 




One huge benefit of living so far from family is the presents just kept coming over the next couple of days. Jude was so nice to share his candy with Avi. That's about all Avi was interested in anyway. 




Jude and Avi both are so lucky to be surrounded by such love. They have people close and far that care so much about them. Jude, we love you so much and love every second with you. We know this next year is going to be filled with many more sweet moments like these. Thanks for being the most amazing 5 year old already. 





No comments: