Monday, May 23, 2011

Slim Jim

Well, it's official. I'm not crazy. I took Jude to the Doctor to be weighed by one of the nurses and was hoping I would be told I need to relax and he's fine. Instead we found he weighs one less ounce then he did a month ago and had the doctor come in and talk with me. He said this has bumped Jude down to the 23%. But he's not worried cause Jude does look really good. He just doesn't want to eat. He gave me a couple of suggestions to try and sent us on our way. The first day we switched from Rice cereal to oatmeal and Jude seemed to love it. The next day he already hated it. Sigh... What am I going to do??? I'll just keep working on it. He'll drink the pedisure drinks so that should help. I'll load him up on those.

We also got to go to the NICU reunion this weekend. We saw two of our three most memorable nurses. It was great to see them and remember those crazy days. It was sad to see the children that still were battling their issues. Makes me so grateful to battle just a stubborn eater. It was fun to see a thousand twin and even a set of triplets. Poor Momma! It was a great week overall. We'll just look forward to fattening Jude up!

Team Grandpa. Jude LOVES his grandpa and has from day one. It drives grandma crazy!!


He's been sucking his toes lately. So cute! There is something he'll eat!


He got a hold of the bowl and was practically swimming in his oatmeal. Good thing Sundance was on clean up duty.

1 comment:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

hahahha I love it! It is fun to let them make a mess huh? Well only fun for so long... What I mean is, it is great to have a little one be a kid and not worry about the small stuff! I am glad that he is doing so well.

In case you care. I had a friend who son couldn't gain weight, when he was the right age they gave him avocados. Maybe you could mash those like bananas?!? I don't know if Jude would like that ahhaha but you never know.

Just thought I would share a secret in case you like to try new things. I try not to get too annoying because I know some people don't always like someone's two cents, so please let me know if you could care less. I don't want to step on any toes.