Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Of coarse we are so Thankful this time of year. It is so great that we have a day set apart from the rest to stop and remember our blessings. We have so much to be grateful for. We have two working cars a warm house food in the cupboards. Marc and I were just talking today about when we arrived in Mumbai, India and how we saw people raising families on the island in the middle of the road separating traffic. There was a long wire that ran across the length of the concrete island and people had thrown sheets over the wire in a tent like fashion to use as shelter. And it wasn't one or two people is was whole communities. It's amazing we can find things to complain about when there are people living like that. I wish I had a bigger back yard. More space, a nicer car.... At least we have a warm, soft bed to lay on at night, and we don't sleep on the hard cold concrete. I am so grateful for how hard Marc works everyday so that I can have the opportunity to stay home with our little Jude. He's amazing. Even though I have to remind myself that a lot. I find myself wanting to ship him off somewhere most days. :) He is a very loving little boy. He will grab you by your hair and pull your head down so he can rest his head on yours. It is painfully sweet. :) He also every morning takes my finger in his tiny hand and walks into our bathroom then tries to reach with all his might for our toothbrushes. He loves them. And will carry them around everywhere all day if we let him. Another funny thing he is up to lately is feeding Sundance her bones. He again takes my finger and walks over to the closet where her treats are and I get them down for him and he reaches in and then takes one to Sundance. He could do this all day long!!! They both love it!

Lovin our toothbrushes


Lovin our heads. :)



Feedin Sundance




I almost forgot to mention we went to the Gateway and watched the tree lighting ceremony. Jude loved the tree!! (sorry about the horrible phone pics)



Also We watched Santa come in on the helicopter at University Mall. Jude is very curious about this Santa character. :) (again sorry about the phone pics)


2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

You are so right! We all have a lot to be thankful for! Even when we think we have it tough, we don't know what tough is! Being a mom is hard, but so rewarding. Cute pics! Love his hat!

Allison said...

the mauling of the head might be my favorite thing ever. how cute is that! he is such a snuggler.
And I have to ask...does he not eat Sundance's food when he feeds 'em? I've seen that kid put quite a bit of weird stuff in his mouth!! :)