Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's summer and no BUTTS about it. Pun intended. :)


This is Jude's new favorite position to sleep in. Legs tucked in and always crossed. I think it is so adorable. But I am Momma and I think about 99% of everything he does is cute. (Oh look. He's learned to hit. It'd'nt it cute???) Okay, not everything. :)

We are have a blast getting in to the swing of summer. We kicked it off with Marc's birthday. He is officially in his 30's. I told him my mom would watch Jude for us so we could go out for a romantic dinner and a movie. When we pulled into her neighborhood, a few friends and family were there to great him at the park for a party. It was so fun and we appreciated everyone's help and thoughtfulness to show up. Some had a good drive to pull it off. It was a ton of fun. Marc finally got his wish of getting our families together for a game of ultimate. Marc was able to do what he does best and talk A LOT of SMACK!! We ate yummy food. Jdawgs (thanks Marie) Homemade ice-cream (thanks Momma) Chips (thanks Ali and Kristyn)  It was a total success. I also had everyone email me a memory of Marc and I put them into envelopes and gave him 30 memories for his 30 years. (thanks everyone) P.S. I was so nervous I was going to give the surprise party away that I didn't bring my camera cause I never do and I thought he'd know something was up. So Thanks again Ali. You're the best. 








Jude is also talking more and more. He putting together more and more words. Today I had Marc's car and it really confused him. He kept asking "where Daddy go?" He is so into the water. Cannot get enough of it. I finally broke down and bought one of those little tables with water and he played in it for about three hours. He's a little prankster like his daddy. While he was busy playing in it I thought I would close my eyes and lay back in the cool grass, sun on my face. Next thing I knew I was being water boarded. Jude got his bucket and filled it up and dumped it on me. He thought it was hilarious. Later that day when we got the hose out to water the garden he quickly grabbed it and thought it was again so funny to try to spray us. He is crazy observant. When Marc took the spray nozzle off he saw Marc put his finger in front of the hose to make it spay harder. He did it for just a second and it was enough for Jude to take note and use that technique.  







I thought this looked like a capri sun commercial. Except for the part that we haven't left the garage yet. He is still loving him bike rides. 


This kid is all boy. He lives for the water. Will still spend as long as I am willing to let him sit in the sink. He Loves bugs. The other day he was making his super impressed sound "EEEWWWW" I kind of just ignored him for a minute and he kept doing it so I got curious. He was holding a bee. Luckily didn't get stung. He tries to go after whatever animal, bug or creature he sees. (snakes included, which is not good considering I have seen two rattlesnakes this year. Only one alive, but still. AHHHH!) And he loves Balls. He will hit his baseball with the bat. Go chase and throw it to me then put it on the stand again to hit it. Loves his soccer net and  ball too. Sometimes he finds it easier to just throw the ball in the net. 



I also want to quickly add how sweet he can be. As I have mentioned before. He loves his blankie. He wraps it around his fingers and rubs it on his checks and the inside of him palm. Sometimes he will do it to me too. Take my hand and rub my palm of rub my cheek. There was also a time when we were in Hawaii and we were shopping at costco Nyla was a little uspet and he tried to rub her cheek using the same technique and also offered her his boo (A.K.A binkie) I thought is was so darling he was trying to help when normally he is the one trying to take her down. 


And just one more silly pic. He loves to wear his rain boots and gets really goofy when he has them on. 

2 comments:

Allison said...

oh my gosh he's getting tall. I am so not used to that :)

I'm glad you found a water thingie. He is so that kid that will play in it.

And sleeping with his butt in the air - as if a sleeping baby isn't cute enough as it is, he has to go and do that. How freaking adorable!

Audrey Crisp said...

I freakin' love this kid! He's so cute and funny. You dress him too cute too. I'll bet parenting gets better and better because their little personalities come out! I can't wait to play and hear duder talk when that comes. What a fun surprise party for Marc! YAY! Good job!