Monday, June 25, 2012

The Nursery

I have never blogged about Jude's nursery and it is probably for a number of reasons. I think that usually that blog post comes before the baby when you are anxiously awaiting the little bundle of joy to arrive, or when you have first brought baby home and are introducing it to their new territory. For us, it was different. I was in the hospital at thirty weeks pregnant and the preparation of nursery was priority numereo 157. Way down the list. We were able to get it painted before Jude came home from the hospital, but he came home to no crib, no rocking chair (we did borrow one from Grandma D), no changing table I think we might have had a lamp in there. But that room sure was filled with love and that was enough for our baby to sleep and sit on. :) Anyway, to make a long story longer, we have slowly been adding little touches to his room here and there. I am just only now feeling like it is getting to the point where I would have looked at it and thought, now I just need baby. Good thing he's only creeping up on two years now. But like I said, he may have lacked a little furniture and knickknacks but it most certainly had all the love a baby needs. Now to put the pictures where my mouth is. I took a ton of pics. I am having a hard time portraying it the way it looks and feels. But Jude LOVES his new book system and constantly wanting to read his books. 

This is what his room looked like when we brought him home.


Jude approves of all upgrades






Sundance approves as well



The full mural 

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

LOVE!!!! How did you do that cool city wall? Don't tell me you painted it? Wow. How cool. Love the book shelves too. I need to go get some book racks asap so i can put all of Duder's books up. What a cool room! Well done!

Marc and Lindsay Duncan said...

Thanks audrey! Marc painted it. He's awesome!!

Audrey Crisp said...

Wow! Impressive!!