Monday, October 1, 2012

Two years old!!

I can't believe it. My crazy little man in officially two. We have been talking about his approaching birthday for so long, I think Jude thought it was everyday. He is the Biggest sweetie! He loves to snuggle. Every night when I put him down he keeps asking for "Mommy snuggles". How do you say no to that???? I oblige until I feel I am keeping him up way past his bed time. But I know he won't always want "Mommy snuggles" and it kills me. He always requests we snuggle in our rocking chair and some nights he puts in requests for songs he'd like me to sing. Lately the only song he wants to hear is Good Day Sunshine, by non other then the Beatles. This kid so has the perfect name and for the perfect reason. I just love me some Beatles. :) Jude is VERY into coloring. Or as he calls it "Colors". Very into Alligators, Dinosaurs, tigers, and elephants. Still loves to be outside. Loves to hang out in the backyard. Not too big on eating still. Nothing as bad as it used to be, but still not a huge eater. We have such a great time together. I am so grateful I get to spend so much time with him at this phase in life. I hate the fact he is only getting older and is the youngest he'll ever be today.

He got to be the ring bearer in my cute little nephew's wedding! I can't believe he is now married. Jude was not very interested in carrying the rings. One even fell off while he was walking down the isle. He was bribed with a sucker to give Austin the rings. It was darling. Congrats Austie!!

 Always loves the hose!

 Got air at snowbird. :)

 Ringing in the fall season with pumpkin cookies.

 The lawn mower. He is obsessed with this thing. His cousins retired this and gave it to Jude. The first couple days it had to always be with him. I had to sit it next to him when he ate even. He is a nut. 

 We also got this sand box from his awesome cousins. It is the most amazing thing ever. It will entertain him for hours. It has also made him very popular. It's funny how neighbor kids can sniff this stuff out. :)

 He's too freakin goofy! 

 Loved the rain. And even more he loves his rain coat and matching boots. 


 Two things he loves. Splashing in puddles and playing in tunnels. He couldn't contain his excitement. 

Birthday pics
Daddy took him out for a hike so I could get the house ready for guests and partying! He came back with some sweet pics. 


The setup
The house is ready for a party. Just needs the Party Animals.:)





When Jude woke up from his nap I was dying to bring him down and show him his cake. 


Presents
He was kind of a mess while opening presents. He just wanted to play with what he opened and didn't care to open any others. He had to have a lot of help.



Playing with the goods
 He loves to color and I scored on this thing. He colored for a full hour today!



And finally:

THE CAKE
This beast took me approximately 11-12 hours to make and I am going to post a thousand pics of it!! It's all I have left of my hard work. :)


The close ups of the animals
Mr. Alligator


The Lion 

The Sea Turtle


 The elephant


I thought I would just do four animals and Marc talked me into doing one more. A Giraffe. This one took the most time. 1.5 hours on this little guy. 



 Happy Birthday. Jude loved being sung too. 

 Felt so wrong. 

 You better believe it. Zebra on the inside. I tried to do every detail just right. :)

 Time to devour 

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

Best mom award goes to you! How did you make that cake?? You are awesome! What a fun party! He's the cutest 2 year old ever!! Love him! Happy birthday Jude!!