Monday, January 9, 2012

2012

Can't believe that it is 2012. It has been an amazing year. Jude has gone from a tiny helpless newborn on oxygen and monitors to a bouncing, busy toddler. I feel like it all happened overnight. All I can think about is how different he is going to be next year, and how fast a year goes. How do I slow it down and make sure I am fully appreciating this age. I don't mind moving fast over the teething days. I'd love a fast forward button for those nights. Skip chapter, mute.... something. :) As you can tell Jude is teething. Ha Ha. He has one and a half molar that have poked through in the last little bit. Jude really is at a fun stage though. He does such silly things. Like today he just ran passed the doorway in the hallway laughing at me each time he passed. What a goof. He also has this crazy obsession with the outdoors and could care less what the temperature is. But everything he does has to be just a little kooky. He loves to walk through the bushes, not where the bushes are, literally likes stepping right through the bushes. He takes my hands and has me walk him up the hill through all the bushes. He's really quite nuts. He also loves squishing his food. Always has. but lately when he has pees or corn, likes to single one out and puts his pointer finger on it and slowly applies pressure until.... POP! it explodes. He still love carrying things around. The duster seems to be most popular at the moment. He also has a favorite song. Pumped up kicks, by foster the people. He freezes when he hears it and waits for the chorus patiently, then shakes his little bum up and down. And he's very serious about it. No laughing and usually not smiling. A very very concentrated look on his face. Still really into animals. Loves the sounds they make. Overall, he is a busy and goofy little 15 months old. Also, he's trying to talk and some words he is attempting are dog, hot, shoe and ironically eat. For a kid that hates eating.
And here are his stats.

Height 31 inches 80th %
Weight 20 lbs 4 oz 13th%

So, still tall and skinny. And that is just who he is and I am so used to it now. I can't imagine him any other way. At least now he is eating a lot better and is still skinny where before he wasn't eating at all and was shrinking. I thought I was going to pass out.

We've been totally taking advantage of this fall like weather. We have spent so much time outside. Testing out the new bike seat, going for walks (usually through the bushes) and playing at the park.







Made a jungle gym out of the couch.



The messes this kid can make really crack me up. I love this one too. He's in the background like "who left this here, oh, looks like it was my friend the camel. That crazy camel, I'll give him a talkin to."

4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Thanks for the sweet comment you left on our blog! Jude is so cute! I wish I could slow down time too, but fast forward through the tough times! Love all his hats! He sounds like such a fun happy baby!

marieaduncan said...

You're such a cute writer Lindz. Love the picture of his big mess!! Good thing he has a patient Mommy...

Allison said...

Im LOVING his outfits. Whoever says girls are funner to dress, just isn't dressing their boys right! He's tooooo cute!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

I love all those pictures!!! He is so handsome!!