Tuesday, January 24, 2012

my new life.

I have been thinking today about all of our fun travels and last minute, spur of the moment adventures we used to have. It is what we lived for. To travel to somewhere so different we wouldn't be able to find one similarity to home. And we did it a couple times. We never got tired of it and the more we did it, the more we wanted. Then we had our darling little baby. Life put on the brakes and even the parking brake it seems like. Some times I get a little sad thinking about the days before. Sleeping in as long as we wanted. Come and go as we please. Everything was just about us. But it was empty. Looking back, I do feel something was missing. I would give up those days any day of the week for my little guy. We used to drop everything at a moments notice and leave the country and now I can go full days without leaving the house. Sometimes I feel like I am going to go a little cabin fever crazy, but it is exactly what I want and what I have always wanted. My little boy is my whole world. And as frustrating and difficult as being a mom can be, the joyous moments by far out weigh the bad. And I would give up sleeping in and traveling and movies and nights out for him any freakin day. I am so happy, my new life is teaching a person everything they know, showing them new things. I may never see all the things we wanted, but that is fine with me. But I am perfectly content showing Jude all the new things right in our backyard.

A glimpse at the old life. It wasn't easy to give up, but so so worth it. Jude is just that amazing. :) Even with ear aches and teething and sleepless nights. I could never go back.







http://worldabook.blogspot.com/

Me at my one year birthday, Jude looking like a Rugby player, and Marc as a sweet little boy. Who does Jude look like?? I think a pretty good mix.




Jude playin at Grandma's and how great are those suspenders??



Okay, I've always said this little boy is just too pretty to be a boy. :)This is my proof. He is very handsome.


Hit Park City


Playing in the snow. I thought he would love sledding cause he loves to slide. He just hung out like, "Whatever" He was much more into it playing in it on his own.

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

I totally know what you mean. I was thinking that just the other day! I just WANTED TO SLEEP IN! But I can't imagine life without him! I felt worthless before! HEy and you can always travel more when he's older? Such cute pics. He is a pretty boy. We say that about Wes too! Love those suspenders! Have a great day!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Very sweet post Lins!! And how lucky you guys are that you were able to travel. That is my dream!!

I think Jude is a good mix between the two of you, and I love those suspenders. Are they from H&M?

And can we please have out two little nuggets play in the snow together?