Monday, October 21, 2013

All things Jude

My lil Jude-O at three. Jude, right now you are into anything that freaks you out. Witches, ghosts, monsters, pumpkins, you love all the ghoulish Halloween things. You have been talking about Halloween and singing Halloween songs since August, so.. Halloween cannot come soon enough. You are very nervous to dress up for Halloween and I am anticipating a melt down or two on Halloween night. I found a little preschool just down the street for you to attend. You spend one hour twice a week and so far you are loving it. I am trying to get you used to other kids. You freak out when other kids show up to the park. In your defense you have been worked over by your fair share of kids at the park so it's not to shocking. You love pistachios. You could eat them all day long. You still love The Avengers.  I'm hoping you'll wear your Captain America costume for Halloween. We'll see how that goes. Ever since your birthday you think that you are big enough to stop napping. You figured out how to get out of your crib and it's been chaos at nap time ever since. I must admit I could get on board with the 6:30-7:00 bed time though. :) You still sleep with your blankies and your "boo" I cannot bring myself to part you from them just yet. I always say I have an on and off switch for you and it's your Boo and blankies. 


The pictures that started it all. When Jude was in the NICU one of our favorite nurses kept telling me to get something his same size to always compare. It was the furthest thing from my mind at the time. So she took it upon herself and took these one night for us. I am so glad she did. Now every year I try my best to wrestle Jude into submission and snap this shot. 

Year one

Year two and three

Loves to walk Sundance once we are out there. leaving the warm house these days is getting harder and harder for all three of us. 

The other day after we came home from walking Sundance we found a little friend in out garage trying to move in with us. I'm not sure if these pics do our tarantella  friend justice but were both were terrified and intrigued. 







Getting all checked out at the doctor's office. Still looking good. Skinny as ever. He was non too pleased about the flu shot they gave him. Although, the girl was a little rough. I think he still has a bruise. 

We try to hit Oktoberfest every year at Snowbird. It is all of our favorites in fall. 




A cold and fun Real game. Jude was extra into for some reason tonight. It made it all the more fun. 

Daddy can still talk us into cold fall hikes on the weekends. I am always glad he did. 




I bought this shirt shortly after Jude was born. I thought he'd wear it on his first day on the job somewhere. Can't believe how fast it came. 

Grandma's have a gift for finding the funnest toys. Jude played with this forever. 





Cause its no fun dressing up by yourself

Found a fun little pumpkin patch, Jude took his job of picking out pumpkins very seriously. He vetoed some of Marc and I choices. 




This boy loves  his dog. Sundance tolerates Jude.




My little Nelly wanna be. What kid doesn't love band aids. I have some ointment I have to put on his face sometimes and he says band aids help. of course they do.

spends hours with these window decals.

Introducing Captain America



Decorating our little gingerbread Halloween house. Jude requested we listen to Michael Jackson's Thriller the whole time and not one of us could hold still. 


Our favorite weekend activity is to wonder downtown Salt Lake City. Jude even said in his prayer that night that he was grateful for Salt Lake City. 


There is a chance I may or may not have turned the big 3-0. I got completely spoiled and had an amazing birthday despite the sting of entering my 30's. 

Maybe I don't mind the cold as much as I let on. Kids are so cute bundled even if it takes an extra ten minutes to go anywhere. 

I take thousands of pictures trying to capture Jude's amazing eyes and this is the closest I've gotten to doing them justice. 


And last but not least. Jude is going to be a brother. Felt like it was an eternity of blood tests and medications but now that its happened panic is setting in. The good kind of panic. 

This is what we brought back from NYC as a souvenir to announce our upcoming little bundle. Due April 19th 2014. Hopefully this baby will be a little more patient and not come February like big brother two months early. 

This is my attempt at a belly shot. Does this qualify as a photo bomb. It felt like one. But turned out much cuter with him in it. I'm trying to be better about documenting then I was in Jude's pregnancy. 
 

3 comments:

Two Wheeler said...

We are so excited for you guys! Jude's going to be the best big brother ever.

Josh and Becca said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I'm thrilled for you. Congrats congrats congrats! Your little Jude is one beautiful boy. Cannot wait to see the next Duncan model.

Lacy said...

Congrats!!!!! I have been bugging Ali and asking her how things were going for you. So So happy for you.