Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's a big deal for me

Jude's latest is he has started grabbing his feet. Why is this a big deal? Well anyone who had a preemie 34 weeks or earlier gets it. They miss time in the fetal position in the womb building certain muscles from kicking and pushing against the womb. One of the struggles they have learned caused from this is that they can't reach their feet. We did stretches several times a day and tried to keep him swaddled in the fetal position. Well, I guess it has paid off. Cause a light bulb has turned on and he loves his little feet. They are the latest and greatest entertainment in his world right now. We're still trying to get him to roll over... again. He was a rolling maniac for awhile but stopped after his last ear infection. We have his six/four month check up tomorrow and I am hoping they will let us start him on solids. I feel like he is so ready to chow down. Thanks again for checkin in on us. So proud!! I think I took 50 pictures of this!!



4 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

ohhh he is soooooooooooo cute!!! Love that picture of him! I had no idea that premies couldn't touch their feet. Thank you for sharing. He seems to be just thriving!

Allison said...

love the video! he is insanely happy & cute.

Unknown said...

That is the cutest video!! I am so happy to see how great he is doing!!!!

Podid's said...

Oh my Gosh Linds!!! He is ADORABLE!! How do I not know him!!?? I can't wait for the summer months ahead so I can play with him as much as POSSIBLE!! Cute Cute Cute!!